5.1 Integer Exp onents and Scientific Notation 5.2 Adding and Subtracting Polynomials 5.3 Multiplying Polynomials 5.4Factoring Polynomials by Grouping and Special Forms 5.5 Factoring Trinomials 5.6 Solving Polynomial Equations by Factoring
Chapter 11 SEQUENCES, SERIES AND THE BINOMIAL THEOREM
11.1 Sequences and Series 11.4 The Binomial Theorem
1. Use of calculators and calculators with Computer Algebra System are up to the
discretion of each
2. Items with ** are optional.
3. Chapter 3 (Graphs and Functions) and Chapter 5 (Polynomials and Factoring)
should be a review; so
go over them quickly.
4. Be sure to cover ’Equations in the Quadratic Form’ found in Examples 4 and 5
of Section 8.1.
5. Stress word problems.
6. Section 6.5 will be covered in Math 22.
7. The Final Exam must consist of questions that cover the fol lowing topics .
The distance formula
Graphing an equation by hand
Finding x- and y- intercepts of the graph of an equation
Finding the slope of a line
Graphing a function
Finding the domain and range of a function
Operations of polynomials
Factoring polynomials completely
Solving a polynomial equation by factoring
Solving absolute value equations and inequalities (Section 1.5)
Operations of rational expressions
Solving an equation with rational expressions
Simplifying expressions with integer and rational exponents
Operations involving radical expressions
Solving equations involving radicals
BLUE BOOK: (GQ)Quadratic Equations; equations in quadratic
forms,; word problems; graphing; algebraic
fractions; negative and rational exponents radicals.
Preerquisites: MATH004 or satisfactory performance on the math proficiency