1. Identify the quadrant or quadrants for the angle θ
satisfying the given condition.
(a) tan θ > 0 and sec θ < 0
(b) cos θ > 0 and csc θ < 0
2. The point (-3,7) lies on the terminal side of
an angle θ in standard position. Find the ex-
act value of the six trigonometric functions of
θ. Be sure to simplify your answers .
3. Find the exact value of the following.
4. Find all angles, 0° ≤ θ < 360°, for which the
fol lowing hold .
( two decimal places)
5. Find the exact value of s in
6. Give one positive and one negative angle that
are coterminal with θ = 214°.
7. If and cos θ < 0,
find the exact
value for sec θ and sin θ. Label your answers.
8. Use your calculator to find the following ac-
curate to four decimal places .
9. Find the sinB, cosB, and tanB. Label your
10. Find the reference angle θ' for
11. The radius of a circle is 13.6 cm. Find the
area of the sector of the circle intercepted by
a central angle of 125°. (two decimal places)
12. Find the exact value of the following. SHOW
ALL WORK. Be sure to simplify your answer.
6. many answers: 574°, -146°
Copyright © 2009, algebra-online.com. All rights reserved.