Demonstrate an understanding of the
elementary algebra concepts necessary
for success in DEVS 0330 In termediate
Algebra or higher.
Assessment Plan Outcome: 1,2
Quizzes, homework, exams.
C- or better in class
70 or better on post-test.
2. Students are equipped for successful careers and post-graduate education.
6. Students will grow as whole persons – spiritually, emotionally, morally,
intellectually, socially, and physically – in a community where these qualities
8. The institution will engage in an ongoing pursuit of excellence in curricula,
programs, and policies.
The Developmental Studies (DEVS) program is not a department. It is a program
consisting of five content based courses and one study skills course.
1. insure proper placement of students into courses appropriate for their skill
2. provide pre -college level courses in the areas of mathematics , reading, and
3. work closely with AEC staff in order to provide tutorial support for students
enrolled in DEVS courses;
4. work closely with other departments to insure that DEVS curriculum provides
students with the skills necessary to transition into college-level
Intended outcomes for students in the DEVS program assessment plan:
1. Students will be placed in the courses appropriate for their skill level.
2. Students will acquire college level entry skills in mathematics.
3. Students will acquire college level entry skills in writing.
4. Students will acquire college level entry skills in reading.