• Definition of Negative Exp onents : If x is any non zero
real number and n is an integer
• Product Rule of Exponents: If x is a real number and n
and m are integers, then
• Quotient Rule of Exponents
If x is a nonzero real number and m and n are integers with m > n then
If x is a nonzero real number and m and n are integers with m < n then
• Raising a Number to the Zero Power : For any nonzero
real number x, x0 = 1.
• Power Rules of Exponents If x and y are any real numbers and n and m are
Exercises: Simplify all expressions . Your answers should
have positive exponents only.
Copyright © 2009, algebra-online.com. All rights reserved.